- Customs Bond of 33.38% value of the goods, often determined by the insured amount of the goods, (Should the duty and customs fees be less than the deposit, the difference will be refunded to the customer. Accordingly, if the duties and fees are more than the deposit, the difference will be billed to the customer.)
- Letter authorizing Destination Agent to clear shipment
- CUSTOMER'S PRESENCE AT CUSTOMS CLEARANCE IS ADVISED
- Used clothing is duty-free
- New items subject to duties (invoices required)
- Alcohol and tobacco products
- Fruits, vegetables and soil require an Import Permit and are subject to inspection upon arrival by the Dept. of Agriculture, Fisheries and Parks. Those failing agriculture inspection will be destroyed.
- Weapons of ALL types, including: flick knives, blowguns, spear guns, crossbows, etc., will be confiscated
- Narcotic drugs
- Firearms and ammunition (must be accompanied by a permit signed by the commissioner of police)
- Explosives (including pyrotechnics of any sort)
- Gold or silver coins
- Pornographic material
- Political literature
- No vehicle over six months old is permitted to be imported
- Motorcycles over 100 cc are prohibited
- Automobiles are restricted as to size and engine capacity
- Duty applies
- License from the Transport Control Department is required
- Animal must be at least four months old
- Import permit issued by the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Parks is required
- Health certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian from the country of origin
- The name, date of birth, breed and description of the animal is required
LIQUOR AND TOBACCO
- Duties will be assessed against Bermuda Customs Tariff.
- Any person may import duty free up to 200 cigarettes and 50 cigars, plus 1.137 liters of spirits and 1.137 liters of wine.
A customs officer will be at residence at time of delivery assessing duties item by item.
- Used clothing and books are duty free
- Appliances 33.4% of customs assessed value
- Furniture and sporting goods 22.25% of customs value
- Antiques 8.5% of customs value
Customs value is generally lower than what the shipper value is but, it is a good idea for the shipper to be available to answer the customs officers' questions at time of unloading and assessment.
P> NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.