- Work Contract
- Power of Attorney
- Inventory (each liftvan in shipment must have separate inventory for clearance)
- CUSTOMER MUST BE IN COUNTRY AT TIME OF CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- Returning Chileans and anyone coming to work in Chile are exempt from duties on their household goods and personal effects
- Sporting guns (owner must obtain carrying permit at the Weapons Control Bureau)
- Alcohol and tobacco products
- New furniture is dutiable (invoices required)
- Caviar, pearls, synthetic furs, uncut precious, semi-precious or synthetic stones (only for personal use)
- Drugs (unless for medical purposes)
- Pornographic material
- Duties are very high and are based on make, model, year, engine's cubic capacity, transmission type, extras, and purchase value
- Only returning Chileans and duty exempted persons may import USED vehicles
- Documents required:
- Original Invoice of Purchase
- Health Certificate with appropriate vaccinations required
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.