- Passport (original)
- Work Permit (original) or application documents
- Customs Bond
- Letter of Guarantee or Power of Attorney
- Residence Visa
- Inventory - showing number of pieces, cartons and precise contents of each
- Keys for any locked items
- Letter from Employer to Customs stating duration of Customer's stay and financial guarantees
- Certificate of Residence Change
- Delivery address and telephone number
- Household goods duty-free for government, oil company and Aid Project personnel, provided a Letter of Guarantee is submitted approving the import and stating that the shipment will be re-exported
- Household goods and personal effects are dutiable to everyone except above
- Shipments subject to 100% inspection
- Items not showing obvious signs of use are taxed as new, at VALUES DETERMINED BY CUSTOMS
- Seeds and animals (must receive approval from the Ministry of Agriculture)
- Toilet articles
- Consumable items
- Alcohol taxed at 3,000% + 100% Sales Tax
- Compact hardware and software, fax machines, answer phones, photo copiers, printers, compact discs, music cassettes and video tapes will be subject to screening by the censors.
- Ensure a users manual and or a full descriptive brochure is available with any and all technical devices.
- Special permit required for telecommunication equipment and high frequency radios
ALL PRINTED MATTER, RECORDS, FILMS, TAPES, SLIDES, MOVIES, VIDEOS, COMPACT DISCS, COMPUTER SOFTWARE, ETC. SUBJECT TO CENSORSHIP AND CONFISCATION AND WILL BE HELD FOR APPROVAL BY THE MINISTRY OF CULTURE (MUST BE PACKED SEPARATELY FOR EASY ACCESS)
- Pornographic material
- Drugs and medicine
- Firearms and weapons, ammunition, daggers and swords
- Anti-Islamic religious materials
- Gold and silver (tableware permitted)
- Cordless telephones
- Resolutin color printers or photocopiers
- Autos allowed, but highly taxed and regulated
- Purchase invoice, stating price and auto specifications required
- Autos over three years old prohibited
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.