Toll free: 855-QUEST-US

Customs Regulations

Gabon Flag


Gabon Flag



  • Copy of Passport
  • Working Visa
  • Work Permit
  • Change of Residence Certificate (consularized at origin)
  • "Attestation Reservation de cale"
  • Employer's Relocation Certificate and letter confirming new employment
  • Inventory (three copies) detailed, valued, in French, signed and dated by the Customer
  • Letter to Destination Agent authorizing them to clear shipment
  • International Vaccination Certificate stipulating employee is vaccinated against Yellow Fever (valid for 10 years)
  • All documents must be in French




  • Used household goods may be duty-free
  • One air and one surface shipment allowed per family




  • Alcoholic and other spirits prohibited and should be sent separately. Only the mention of "fond de cave" (less than 30 bottles) is acceptable
  • All electrical items and furniture must be more than six months old. New electrical items are subject to payment of Customs duties and taxes
  • All new items (six months in possession of shipper) are subject to duties and taxes
  • Invoices required
  • Personal computers should not be included in household goods shipment, but brought in by shipper. Subject to taxes and duties.
  • Firearms (must have authorization from the Government of Gabon before importing)
  • Taxes: 2% on every shipment. Exception: French Military, French Embassy, and Chief of French Military Mission




  • All cars are subject to 53.4% C.I.F. value
  • Customs in Gabon assesses value of car. Additional taxes also apply:
  • Documents Required:
    • Purchase Invoice
    • Title
    • Insurance Certificate 



NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.



Email this article.......