- Original shipping documents (i.e. bill of lading, air waybill, etc.)
- Itemized, valued inventory (packing list)
- Original invoices for new articles
- Insurance documents (where applicable)
- Declaration of freight charges
- Preparation of Customs Entry Form displaying CIF value of goods to be imported
- Submission of Customs Entry Form at Customs & Excise Department
- Customs examination of goods
- Payment of Customs Duty & Government Sales Tax on dutiable items
- Clearance of goods upon signed authority by Customs Department
- Controlled drugs and narcotic
- Firearms (including gas pistols and similar weapons) ammunition and explosives (including fireworks)
- Indecent or obscene video cassettes, films, books, magazines and other articles
- Flick knives
- Counterfeit currency
- Radio-communication equipment not approved for use at destination
- Meat, poultry, and many other animal products
- Plants, parts thereof, and plant produce including trees and shrubs, potatoes and certain other vegetables, fruit, bulbs, and seeds
- Certain articles derived from protected species including fur skins, ivory, reptile leather and goods made from them
WARNING - Imports are examined by customs and there are heavy penalties for making false declarations including possible forfeiture of goods.
Full history of vaccination is required. Owner must research which vaccinations are advisable for his particular pet. A qualified veterinarian should be able to advise accordingly. More detailed information can be obtained from the World Health Organization and/or the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- Invoice of Purchase
- Certificate of Title (displaying Model, Year, Engine Number, Chassis Number)
- Left hand drive vehicles only
Duty rates differ according to the type of vehicle, intended use, etc. Agent in Gambia can advise duty rate once type of vehicle is ascertained.
DUTY AND TAX RATE
- Import duty % depending on the item
- Government Sales Tax of 10%
- .1% Customs Processing Fees
- .05% ECOWAS Tax
Duty Waivers are issued by the Gambian government o members of Diplomatic Missions, certain non-governmental and aid organizations, and other similarly associated bodies.
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.