- Residence Visa/Blue Card
- Unaccompanied baggage declaration must be made at airport
- Inventory (valued)
- CUSTOMER MUST BE PRESENT AT TIME OF CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- Sri Lanka Nationals & Expatriates may import household goods and personal effects duty-free provided they have been outside the country for a year or more
- Some Customs exemption granted with Residence Visa
- Shipments must arrive within three months of Customer
- Refundable Customs deposit payable on all shipments
- All items in commercial quantity
- Alcohol and tobacco products
- All currency, gold, silver, jewelry, etc.
- Dangerous drugs
- Gold and gems
- Obscene literature, pictures, etc.
- Sri Lanka currency over Rs. 1,000/Indian and Pakistan currencies
- Fruits, plants, vegetables
- Animals, birds, reptiles, and parts thereof
- POSSESSION OF HEROIN CARRIES THE DEATH PENALTY
- Automobiles and motorcycles over three years old are prohibited
- Only right-hand drive autos are permitted
- High duties payable
- Import License must be obtained prior to arrival
Maximum permissible for other common items:
- 12 Saris and 6 Sarongs (or verities)
- Garments: Males (12) and Females (12)
- Textile material--total of 12 meters
- Shoes, Slippers--6 pairs of each
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.